- thank and link back to the person who gave you the award - Done and done! Make sure you check out AmyLee's blog out. She's mom to the adorable Parker and she works out (what's that??).
- share 7 things about yourself - there is no way I can think of 7 things about me that anyone would be interested in. I'm going to mix it up and share 7 things about our week. What? I'm being versatile! That's why I got this award...right?
- pass the award along to 15 other bloggers who you recently discovered and think are fabulous - AmyLee did 5 so that's what I'm doing.
- contact the bloggers you chose and let them know about the award.... ok.
7 Random Things About This Week:
- Ok, technically this was last week, but Kale ROLLED. Ok, he half-rolled. He can roll from his back to his belly, but has only managed to get from his belly to his back once (and I didn't see this so for all I know the cat pushed him).
- Kale is a certified sitter-upper. For those that have never heard of this, what I mean is that Kale can sit up on his own now. He started doing in about two days after the rolling so don't be surprised if I tell you he's crawling next week. Apparently he likes to tick off the milestones quickly. From what I hear, four months is pretty early for a baby to be sitting up on their own. I don't know if I should be proud because my baby is obviously a genius, or terrified because he's going to hit all the milestones early (I am not ready for a mover).
- Yesterday Kale had a full-on, mama-needs-some-vodka, FREAKOUT. It lasted for HOURS. Teething? Who knows. He's been drooling up a storm for over a month now and we've yet to see the presence of a tooth (or even a tooth bump). There was no fever, the little guy was just having a bad day. Kris's mom came over to watch him while I did a quick errand and I think he scarred her for life with his excessive screaming.
- We think his hair is turning green from the chlorine. Kale's hair colour is a little odd to start with. Sometimes it looks totally blond and other days it just looks brown. My neighbour once described it as taupe. He has taupe hair. The colour of Kim Jong-il's wardrobe. Anyway, maybe it's just the compact florescent bulbs that Kris insisted we put in our bathroom, but the other night we were bathing Kale and noticed that his hair has taken on a tinge of green. Awesome.
- We had a blast at music class again this week. I put on my big girl pants and made an effort to talk to every mom there before they left. This meant that I showed up half an hour early so I could catch a few before class and I may or may not have blocked the door after class to corner one mom, but I got to them all. And they were nice. And Kale had so much fun. Music class is a winner.
- Salsa class & baby signing are not winners. Salsa class was a total fail because Kale decided he HATES the carrier at the exact moment that class started. Why they hold classes for babies in concrete rooms I'll never know, but the sound of his screams bouncing off the walls were enough to get the stink eye from more than one mom. Thankfully the teacher had an emergency and Kale and I scooted out early. Not sure if we'll be going back to that one. Signing class wasn't much fun either. The teacher was not every animated (I know. How can someone doing sign not be animated?) and Kale quickly got bored of her. She's teaching us real sign language instead of baby signing so this week I'm already expected to learn the alphabet and 20 different popular signs. Baby class with homework? I don't think so.
- I started a photography class last week. It's my attempt to create some balance in my life and do something non-baby related. Of course Kale is my muse and so all my photo's are of him, but I do get 2.5 hours of adult time in class each week.
5 Other Blogs I Recently Discovered and Think Are Fabulous:
- Our Little Lifesicle
- 2 Steps Forward, 1 Step Back
- Not Your Average Ferris Wheel
- Adventures of the Stay at Home Mom
- Gregarious Peach
Thanks again to AmyLee for the award :) This was a good way to update everyone on some of the things going on these days. We're heading out of town very shortly for the weekend to a wedding (I'm a bridesmaid!!), so updates will be scarce again until we're back. In the meantime, this cuteness will have to hold you over: